The rubbish collection calendar is at the bottom of this page, and can be downloaded here (the amendments marked for the current COVID-19 lockdown have been removed).
The day on which your waste is collected should be the same as ever (with exceptions for bank holidays: see details on the calendar). If in doubt, see:
During the coronavirus lockdown the separation of waste is going slightly by the board as food waste is now (during this period) going into the general waste bins, but the black bin is still for recyclable material only.
Recyclable material suitable for the black bin is:
- Paper of all sorts, including:
- newspapers and magazines,
- junk mail,
- shredded paper,
- envelopes (no need to remove the including windows),
- wrapping paper and greeting cards
- (but please leave out any cards and wrapping that has glitter or other such embellishments if they are not in themselves paper / card)
- Plastic bottles
- Food and drink cartons (which now includes ‘Tetra Paks’)
- Metal items, including:
- tins, including drink cans
- tins, trays and tubs
- aluminium foil and foil trays
- Aerosol cans (but only empty ones, please: those still under pressure can explode when punctured or heated, which is not a pleasant experience; I have seen it happen)
- Plastic pots, tubs and trays
- Glass bottles/jars:
- But not drinking glasses or glass kitchenware for some reason.