The work on Croxley Danes School progresses. I will add updates here as I have them.
The latest news:
- The school is open elsewhere, not the physical school ,but classes in their distinctive purple uniforms being taught ‘in exile’ on Tolpits Lane.
- Delays in building have delayed the site hand-over to Autumn 2019.
- Opening of the new school (at last) if there are no further delays(!) should be entry-ready by Easter 2020.
- The school should finally be fully open and decanted into the new school for the start of the following school year, in September 2020.
In the meantime:
- The work on the school is causing disruption locally. In particular the builders are using Lodge Lane for heavy lorries carrying spoil, in breach of agreements struck before they began work: this have caused severe discomfort for residents on Rousebarn Lane and those on Links Way whose gardens and garages back onto the lane. Those garages are being effectively blocked by the lorry traffic. Councillor Alison Wall is pressing the Council on this matter.